What Toxic Black Mold Can Do To Your Bod
Just as its name suggests, toxic black mold poses a significant danger to people. It can put your family’s health at risk. Usually, it appears in areas of a home that are particularly humid and damp, such as basements or crawlspaces. It is also easy to identify for its dark black color, which is way different from most other molds that are gray or green in color.
Black Mold Exposure
Toxic black mold can cause an array of allergic reactions and serious health problems. The negative health effects usually depend on how long a person has been exposed to this dangerous mold. But in most cases, a person exposed may experience symptoms such as headaches, fever, fatigue, irritation to the eyes, rashes, too much sneezing, and chronic coughing.
In cases of severe or prolonged exposure, a person may experience additional symptoms, including nausea, vomiting, and bleeding in the nose and lungs. People who have weak lungs, such as children and older people, are often the first ones who suffer from the painful symptoms of toxic black mold exposure.
Defense and Removal
Once you identify the presence of toxic black mold in your home, it is important to act quickly on it. Enlist the help of a mold removal professional in Indianapolis right away, so you can treat and control the mold growth before it becomes more dangerous. Also, the best defense for toxic black mold growth is keeping your home mildew-free. Install a dehumidifier or waterproof your basement to prevent it from getting humid and damp all the time.
Dealing with toxic black mold exposure is not an easy feat. So, don’t wait until someone in your family gets sick before you do anything about mold growth in your home.
Call American Basement Solutions today for mold inspection and removal.